Monday, September 24, 2007

A bit behind but catching up

Sorry about the dearth of posts for the last day or so, I have been a bit behind, both in life and work, but I am catching up!

Today, we are going to look at some of the funnies, scariest, angry, poignant, powerful, classy, insightful or just plain pathetic posts and most quotable quotes around the SEC blogs regarding last week's football games:

  • "When did it become necessary for a coach to ask fans to behave? The coarsening of society in general, fired by the excess use of alcohol around sports has created a dangerous situation throughout college football." -- Capstone Report

  • "I seem to recall someone thinking my Kentucky pick was 'dumb-assed'"... -- Todd, Roll 'Bama Roll

  • "Reggie Herring's press coverage scheme worked well for the Razorbacks defensive secondary last year. While not stellar, it was not as embarrassing as it is this year. Losing Chris Houston to the 1st round of the draft is tough though. The new scheme is the "watch the receiver catch the ball" scheme." -- BigFootFool, Barkley vs. Bavetta

  • "Thus far the offense hasn't even been vanilla, it's more like unflavored yogurt." -- Will Collier, From The Bleachers

  • "Cox is back in! Cox fumbles the snap! NMSU recovers! Hooray! Seriously, isn't it time to call in an exorcist for Brandon? Has anyone watched to see if he's puking up pea soup? Does he ever pretend to just be looking at something and accidentally turn his head all the way around? Because this--this being three turnovers in Cox's last three first-half possessions and last two first-half snaps--is getting outright unnatural." -- Jerry Hinnen, The Joe Cribbs Car Wash

  • "Can Tebow take this much abuse and survive an entire football season? I know he’s the toughest guy on the planet, but… can he?" -- GatorPilot, Orange and Blue Hue

  • "I'm not saying Saban is the equivalent of some coyote-ugly skank, but Tide Nation would've had us believe for the past nine months that he was a Voltron formation of Melissa Theuriau, '60s-era Sophia Loren, and the last twelve Playmates. Sorry, guys, but he's really not that much hotter than any of the rest of 'em." -- Doug, Hey Jenny Slater

  • "Kentucky (4-0 overall, 2-0 SEC). I’m not ready to drink the Kool-Aid yet, but after the win at Arkansas, I’m at least willing to acknowledge that the glass is sitting on the table near my hand." -- Senator Blutarsky, Get The Picture
  • "I tip my cap to the 'Bama coaches, players, and fans, who may be disappointed in this evening's outcome but who may look forward to many more years of success. Clearly, the Tide are rising back to their proper place in the college football firmament, and I salute Coach Saban, his squad, and their supporters on a well-played, hard-fought college football game." -- Kyle King, Dawg Sports

  • "How much does Louisville get to humiliate itself before these things stop being upsets? UL’s defense was labeled as “tackling-optional” (sounds like Tennessee)." -- AngryEer, Loser With Socks

  • "Kentucky defeated Arkansas tonight by a wide margin. Kentucky is undefeated in football?!? :::Checks Revelation::: Yep, the apocalypse is upon us." -- Big Orange Michael

  • "I can't tell you how much I completely and utterly despise Middle Tennessee State University. More than Yew Tee. More than-- well, I don't know what hatred is deeper than a Vandyfan's for the Vawls (perhaps the Auburn/Alabama fan's hatred for Alabama/Auburn?), but let me tell you, it's deeper than that. Woody's MTSU debacle was my very first game as a Vanderbilt freshman, and I will always hate them with my whole heart. Always." -- Diezba, Star & Stripe

5 comments:

Running.Boyd said...

bigfootfool, but thanks for the link.

BestofSEC said...

OH, crap!

Sorry man. I'll fix that.

You're welcome, by the way.

Diezba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diezba said...

I didn't think my MTSU diatribe would be noticed... I just hope it was one of the "angry" posts as opposed to one of the "pathetic."

We sent props your way for the mention...

BestofSEC said...

Thanks for the linkage, Diezba.

And yes, much more "angry" than "pathetic" :-)