Well, Saturday is tomorrow, and there are a number of particularly meaningful games on tap:
- Georgia at Alabama - Mark Richt and company really need this game. Not only is Alabama a rival, they were expected to be in a rebuilding stage this year, while Georgia was supposed to be making a triumphant return from last year's irrelevance. This game means way more to Richt than Saban.
- Arkansas State at Tennessee - Phil Fulmer's seat will approach the heat level of a fusion reaction if he loses this game. Unfortunately, Arkansas State is no cupcake.
- South Carolina at LSU - Nobody expects the OBC to go into Death Valley and come out victorious. The biggest question I have is can the Gamecocks cross the goal line?
- Kentucky at Arkansas - Kentucky created a national stir by beating top ten Louisville. If they beat Arkansas, SEC East opponents will be in the uncharacteristic position of actually having to worry about the Wildcats. All the remaining big boys in the SEC have to come to Kentucky this year, with the exception of South Carolina.
- New Mexico State at Auburn - Tubberville is in one hell of spot right now. Unfortunately, the Aggies look better on paper than the Tigers, and former Kentucky coach Hal Mumme is at the reigns for NM State. We know Mumme's teams can score, and we also know that so far, Auburn can't.
Georgia at Alabama
- Senator Blutarsky, Get The Picture: Paranoia in Dawgland?
- Doug, Hey Jenny Slater: Going inside the minds of Sabanists at Roll 'Bama Roll
- Capstone Report: Rethinking 'Bama's chances against the Dawgs. The word "cowardly" gets used.
- AL C. Hemist, Eight in the Box: Vanderbilt had confidence. Arkansas had contempt. Georgia has a conspiracy.
Arkansas State at Tennessee
- Jai Eugene, Loser with Socks: Fulmer, you in big trouble now, boy.
- Doug Coffin, The Power T: Warning, warning Phil Fulmer. Ass heat in the red zone.
South Carolina at LSU
- Chuck, TheCoolChicken: "South Carolina will upset LSU this weekend. Yep. You read that right."
- Cocknfire, Garnet & Black Attack: Wisdom from the other side.
- Richard Pittman, Geaux Tuscaloosa: What to expect from LSU and South Carolina.
- Purple Reign, And The Valley Shook: "The statistical numbers for LSU's defense are staggering."
Kentucky at Arkansas
- Mosley, Kentucky Sports Radio: Know your enemy
- Chris Diggs, C-J Wildcat Fan Blog: "Could this be similar to the seven-overtime shootout from 2003 that ended in a 70-63 Arkansas win? Prediction coming tomorrow."
- RazorbackExpats: Five reasons to hate Kentucky
- TipsterHog, the RazorBloggers: Various Hog bloggers predict the outcome of the game.
New Mexico State at Auburn