Today, we'll be tripping around the SEC blogosphere looking at random bits and points of interest. Well, I'm sure they will be interesting to somebody.
Anyway, here we go:
The Heisman Pundit says there are only six people left who can "actually win the Heisman". Note to Kentucky fans -- André Woodson is not among them.
College Football Resource has its weekly pundit roundup out today, not to be missed.
Barkley vs. Bavetta talks what we know about the SEC after Week 4. Here's a sample:
TennesseeWarBlogle looks at Week 4 in review, and has little to say about teams other than Auburn other than a heart-felt "Thank you, Georgia".
What we know: Fulmer has been accused of being a bad coach despite his Championship run in '98 which is the only national championship since the days of the General.
What we don't know: How the fans can be so upset at losing to two fantastic teams in Cal and Florida
What we don't want to know: Fat Phil fired. He is SO easy to make fun of.
Outside the Sidelines at Roll 'Bama Roll gives us his thoughts about the SEC after week 4.
The Prine Report reviews it's week four picks, and notes that Kentucky and Auburn have been responsible for a lot of their errors:
Wow, so far this year we have predicted 30 of 35 games correctly. Of the five incorrect predictions, overestimating AU and underestimating Kentucky account for four.The Joker Report also has a week 4 roundup, including the best and worst (read: Louisville) of not just the SEC, but the rest of college football.
I have a few observations post Week 4 myself:
- Can Tim Tebow continue to provide 70% of Florida's total offense? Hello, could this be a problem if he's injured?
- How long before the Wildcats don't get all the way back?
- Can Auburn score more than 25 points against an SEC team?
- Is Mississippi State a sleeper, or just asleep?
- Tennessee's defense is ranked below Louisville's. Can Fulmer's nightmare get any worse?
- Alabama's defense is 67th at home, 4th on the road.
- South Carolina and Auburn's offenses are 79th and 90th respectively. If these two play, it will be to a scoreless tie. They may set the record for overtimes.
- Don't laugh, Commodores -- your offense is worse than South Carolina's, and only somewhat better than Auburn's.
- Mississippi State's offense is the worst in the SEC (102nd) by a large margin, yet they are 3-1.
- Georgia's offense ranks behind Ole Miss.
- Offense in the SEC sucks period, outside of Kentucky, Florida, LSU and Alabama.
- LSU's defense is that tree that reaches in and eats the kid in the movie Poltergeist. Scary ....