As we all know, this is it -- game week. It's time for all the SEC football teams to show us what they are made of, who's on first, put the petal to the metal, git it on, git 'er done -- well, you "git" it. So all this week, we are going to be looking first to game posts -- the best analysis, the best prognostication, etc., regarding this weekend's games.
While some of us in the SEC will be cupcaking our way through Saturday, a few of us, most notably Tennessee and MSU will not. Georgia has a fairly worthy opponent, and so does Ole Miss. For the rest of us, it is more like a scrimmage weekend, but at least we aren't scrimmaging against ourselves.
- Lexvol at VolNation is ready to get this party started!
- Jon at Fulmer's Belly is way too excited for words.
- Joel at Rocky Top Talk has some Cal links for those in need of the opposition's views.
- Memphis Tider is stoked about game week.
- Joswalt at RazorBlog has the Arkansas depth chart for the Troy game.
- Jerry Hinnen at Joe Cribbs Car Wash continues to post his A-U pre-view.
- Mergz at Saurian Sagacity has a good look at games that matter in Week 1. He utilizes his talent rankings to get his conclusions.
- Kyle King at Dawg Sports mocks the SEC cupcakery of Florida, Alabama, Kentucky and Arkansas. Davy Crockett also makes an appearance.
- David Ching at the Georgia Bulldog Blog lauds Mark Reicht for at least trying to extract his foot from his mouth without employing the services of a physician.
- Richard Pittman of Geaux Tuscaloosa looks at the LSU/Mississippi State contest. Unsurprisingly, he likes LSU's chances.
- Kyle Veazey asks his readers how he should cover game week on his blog.
- Parrish Alford has a report on the Ole Miss Game Week press conference.
- John Clay at Sidelines blog provides the Kentucky depth chart for the Eastern Kentucky game.
- Seamus O'Toole at Vanderbilt Sports Line has a game week post -- well, sort of.