Well, only 7 days away from the start of the football season, a goodly number of SEC players are finding themselves in legal difficulties. To wit:
- GeauxTigers at And The Valley Shook reports that LSU linebacker Derrick Odom has run afoul of the authorities.
- Brandon at Cock -n- Fire wonders when South Carolina metastasized into Miami. Looks like the OBC is going to stand by his man.
- Fulmer's Belly reports that LaMarcus Coker is out of Fulmer's latrine and back on the team after
drug rehab"taking care of personal business"
- Senator Blutarsky at Get The Picture gives Alabama and especially a certain highly-paid coach the business over some recent misbehavior by his players.
- The 8th or 9th Shoe Drops according to Richard Pittman at Geaux Tuscaloosa.
- UPDATE: And in the very, very latest, Marcus Harrison, DE at Arkansas, has been arrested for felony drug possession in Fayetteville in connection with some of the wacky weed. The Hog Blogger, like us, is speechless.
- Heisman Pundit asks some tough questions.
- Newspaper Hack at Journalism Is For Rockstars says Georgia fans will really like Marcus Dowtin
- Lalover at New Orleans Love sends some
lovefrustration Les Miles' way. I think he's giving Les good advice here. Let your game do the talking.
- Orson Swindle at EDSBS says betting can sometimes net you a scholarship to Florida to play football. Who knew?
- Scott Hood at GamecockCentral has this observation about Blake Mitchell and his recent run-in with the OBC.
- Arkbear at the Hawg Blawg reports on the status of Arkansas' search for an AD to replce Frank Broyles.
- Hunker Down at the Hunker Down Dawg Blawg brings us this Youtube Video:
- Parrish Alford reports on the Powe watch at Ole Miss.
- Mergz at Saurian Sagacity wonders if Notre Dame might be underrated this year.
- Jerry Hinnen at Joe Cribs Car Wash looks at the pros of the Auburn University football team, one of them fitting in nicely with today's theme -- limited pre-season hijinks. Tuberville may be boring, but boring can sometimes be a good thing.
- Third Down Draw says some South Carolina fans don't find Blake Mitchell's fun and games with the OBC all that funny.
- Wellway16 of VolNation writes about the concerns Tennessee has heading into next weekend's big game at California.
- Just found this blog, The Football Diary of Nick Saban. They have a very interesting post today about how several prominent coach's salaries compare to their school's football revenue. Very illuminating.