Just because the work part is miserable, it doesn't mean the blogging is. And looking around today, we have some downright excellent blog posts to help elevate your day out of the doldrums.
- Kyle King at Dawg Sports starts us out by dawging out South Carolina in a post entitled Georgia-South Carolina: If Not Ownership, Then a Lease with an Option to Buy. All I can say to this is "Ouch". The Dogs have owned the Gamecocks for the last five years, and are 8-2 against them in the last 10.
- Fulmer's belly ranks the SEC coaches starting from worst to best. Auburn fans won't like the fact that Tubby makes #12, and his biggest complaint seems to be that Tubs is boring. Well, maybe, but Tuberville was the AFCA coach of the year only 2 seasons ago.
- Orson Swindle at Every Day Should Be Saturday has figured out what drives Nick Saban's rage at player's low-hanging gangsta drawers and the occasional subordinate.
- Paul Westerdawg at Georgia Sports Blog warns Nick Saban about Karma, and mocks Roll 'Bama Roll.
- Senator Blutarsky at Get the Picture doubts seriously if the rest of the conferences can bring the Big 10 and the Pac 10 to their knees by leaving them out of a new playoff scheme. My take is, if the Big 10 and Pac 10 loose money, they will capitulate. If not, they won't. As it has been for some time now (like, maybe 230 years or so), in American, money talks and bullshit walks.
- Greg Ellis updates the Mississippi State depth chart after Josh Riddell was suspended for being arrested for a DUI.
- Jai Eugene of Loser with Socks has his way with Cal, and he isn't kind. Not even a little.
- Outside the Sidelines has been blogging excellence for just a short time, and he has been noticed. Roll 'Bama Roll, of the SB Nation network, has invited him to join. What a great fit that will be. Don't miss him at his new blog home.
- Parrish Alford notes that Ole Miss received a visit from some former coaches today.
- The Hog Blogger let's us in on a secret -- Chris Mortenson is really John Kerry's son! Well, not really, but they do have the flip-flop thing in common.
- Mergz at Saurian Sagacity gets all labyrinthine on us. I think he was trying for recursion, and some might say he got there.
- The Tide Druid has some interesting thoughts on what to expect from Alabama this year. I found this one particularly interesting:
This season will be an all out war between Alabama fans and the rest of the SEC.Don’t expect too much support from other SEC West teams. We’ll see plenty of signs calling Saban a liar, loser, and much more. Expect it to be at an all time high when Alabama plays Auburn (since it is on the road )and LSU (because some of them have gone crazy with rage). Expect some sort of “I told you so!” moment after Alabama’s first loss (as if they were the only ones who said it during the pre-season).
- OH,NO! Another "silent verbal". Will we never learn?
- Bobby O'Shea at the Vanderbilt Sports Line is excited that Vandy is now getting love from the likes of Mel Kipper, Mark Richt and Houston Nutt. He should be.