Well, the first game of the season has come and gone in the SEC.
First stop -- Mississippi State:
- "On the bloody morning after ..."
- " ... One tin soldier rides away."
- ESPNU can't find Starkville with both hands.
- Derek Pegues just had a case of the cramps. Good news for MSU fans.
- MSdawg has questions, questions, questions ...
- "A win is a win, but as I commented in the game thread, Henig was our MVP." I guess every silver lining must have a cloud somewhere. It sucks to be the MVP of the opposition, though.
- Richard Pittman at Geaux Tuscaloosa thinks the LSU offense needs some serious work.
- If LSU returned interceptions for 122 yards and MSU passed for 136 yards, does that mean their net yardage is 14 yards passing? (Just kidding, guys).
From others who had a comment:
- Mergz at Saurian Sagacity has comments about MSU, LSU and a note to Louisville.
- Scott at The Hog Source also has thoughts.
- Patrick Donahue at Loser with Socks has doubts about LSU, doubts about MSU, and ... well, just doubts.
- MaconDawg at Dawgsports: "Michael Henig staying upright long enough to throw 6 interceptions may actually be progress over last season." Well, progress of a sort, I suppose. You also have to love his take on the Louisville game: "So that's what bringing a knife to a gunfight looks like ..." Yeah, I reckon that's right.
- Senator Blutarsky at Get The Picture has a more sober review.
- The Tide Druid grades both teams. Alchemist at Eight in the Box adds his perceptions.