The best thing you can say about Tuesday is that it isn't Monday. Never has that been more true for me than today. But time marches on, and so we continue inexorably forward to the start of a brand new season.
So who is blogging excellence today? I found a few, as usual.
- Tuesday means College Football Resource has a big post, and today is no different. From a great post on scheduling by DawgsOnline to a history lesson about Boise State, Southern Cal and more. Must read, as always, for football fans of any league.
- MaconDawg at Dawg Sports takes us around the SEC for a look at recruiting. Well, kinda -- as long as you are an Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, MSU, Florida, Tennessee or LSU. Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas and South Carolina fans will just have to fend for themselves.
- Paul Westerdawg at Georgia Sports Blog has an insightful post about Big Ten expansion.
- Arkbear at the Hawg Blawg looks at the McFadden he-said, she-said.
- Doug at Hey Jenny Slater once again tempts the wrath of a vengeful God. This time, his target is the Rebels of Ole Miss.
- The LSU Football Analyst has a detailed post of scrimmage statistics. You know you are way into football when you report scrimmage statistics. Even UK Wildcat fans don't keep statistics for Big Blue Madness -- at least, not to my knowledge ...
- Memphistider reposts a message board comment that details eight things that will "set Alabama football on fire".
- Nixforsix at Old School Nasty is looking at each of the SEC teams' schedules, and predicting outcomes. A good read. So far, he has done Arkansas and Alabama.
- Outside the Sidelines dissects a disaster. This guy is on a roll. He probably expelled more football knowledge the last time he passed gas than I have ever known.
- Joel at Rocky Top Talk looks at how a potential quarterback controversy was squelched at Tennessee.
- Todd at Roll 'Bama Roll has an initial top ten.
- Mergz at Saurian Sagacity makes a compelling case that there is no such thing as a football national championship.
- Keith Dardis at SEConds to Victory is previewing SEC teams one at a time.
- The Valiant Underdog goes Vanderblogging.
Thanks to Nixforsix at Old School Nasty for the plug he gave us today, as well as Bobby O'Shea at Vanderbilt Sports Line. Much appreciated, amigos.